Frequently Asked Questions About Zerodha
1. Can I use zerodha for IPO?
Yes, you can now apply for IPO using UPI 2.0 as a payment method via Zerodha Console. You can use your UPI ID as a payment option while subscribing for IPO on National Stock Exchange(NSE) & Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE).You need to enter the bid price, quantity, and your UPI ID and ask Zerodha to use UPI ID as the payment option while filling the IPO application.
2. Is Zerodha offers IPOs?
Yes, Since Aug 2019 , Zerodha started offering the IPO Services using UPI as a payment method.
3. How to Check IPO Status through Zerodha?
Zerodha does not provide the details of IPO Allotment on its website. You need to visit the website of the registrar of the IPO (Karvy Link Intime) to check the allotment status. You have to enter your PAN number to check the status.
4. What Zerodha charges for IPO applications?
There are no Charges to apply for IPO through Zerodha. As Zerodha does not charge any brokerage on equity delivery trade, they don’t charge any brokerage when you sell allocated IPO shares through Zerodha.
5. How to apply Zerodha IPO with UPI?
- First step is Download the BHIM UPI app or BHIM UPI 2.0 enabled App from Google Play Store and register your UPI ID.
- Login to Zerodha Console (Zerodha Back-office) and go to “Portfolio” menu and select “IPO” option.
- Select the IPO which you want to apply from the list of open issues and Click Apply.
- Once you select an IPO to apply for, you’ll see all the details of the offer, like open date, close date, issue size, lot size etc.
- Enter your UPI ID and click on “verify”.
- Place your bid(s):Select the investor type for your application. Place the bids in the multiple of the lot size. If you wish to apply at the cut-off price, simply click on the checkbox next to ‘Cutoff-price’. If you want to place a bid at a different price, you can do so by entering a price in the ‘Price’ field.
- Once you’ve completed all these steps, click on the checkbox to confirm that you have read the issue size, lot size, and DRHP and click on submit.
- Once you click on submit, you’ll receive a Block mandate request on your UPI app.
- You need to enter your UPI pin and your amount would get blocked.
- Incase of Full Allotment-Funds will get debited.
- Incase of Partial Allotment-Some Shares will be allocated and partial funds will be Funds will be unblocked.
- Incase of No Allotment-Blocked funds will be unblocked after end date or expiry date.
6. How to buy IPO via Zerodha?
Till sometime back Zerodha was not offering the facility of IPO application, As a customer of Zerodha, you supposed to apply for IPOs using the ASBA (Application Supported by Blocked Amount) from your respective bank’s net banking portal or by visiting a bank and submitting a physical application with your Zerodha demat account number. SEBI has now made it mandatory for all IPOs to be supported by UPI 2.0. This means that Zerodha can now support IPO applications on our own via Zerodha Console.Now you can use your UPI ID as a payment option while subscribing for IPO on National Stock Exchange(NSE) & Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE).You need to enter the bid price, quantity, and your UPI ID and ask Zerodha to use UPI ID as the payment option while filling the IPO application at Zerodha Console.
7. What is Zerodha Brokerage Charges?
For all Indian resident Zerodha charges a brokerage of 0.03% or Rs. 20 per executed order, whichever is lower, irrespective of the number of shares or their value (other than equity delivery trade which is free).Zerodha doesn’t have minimum brokerage and maximum brokerage you pay for any transaction is Rs.20 for an order (of any size and in any segment).
8. What is the Brokerage for Intraday in Zerodha?
Brokerage charges for Intraday in Zerodha is 0.03% or Rs. 20 per executed order, whichever is lower, irrespective of the number of shares or their value.
9. Is Zerodha brokerage Free?
Zerodha offers absolutely brokerage free Equity Delivery Trade and Direct Mutual Fund investement. for all other segemnt Like , Intraday , F&O , Currency & Commodity trade it charges 0.03% or Rs. 20 per executed order, whichever is lower.
10. Why Zerodha brokerage is less?
Zerodha is an online Share broker who is offering most of its services online by using the latest web & mobile Platforms without any human interventions.This makes its service extremely cost-effective and enables Zerodha to offer trading at an ultra-low-cost.
11. How to Open Account with Zerodha?
To open an account online, you can sign up using your mobile number on our Zerodha’s website. You will receive an OTP to your number and you can get started with the process of opening an account. You will be required to enter your PAN, bank account details and personal details to continue with the sign-up. If you face any difficulties while opening an account online, you could contact their Sales executives alternatively call them on – 080 47192020 / 080 71175337.
12. Why Zerodha is Best?
Zerodha is India’s number 1 brokerage firm with >15Lacs active client base. They reached to this positions as :
- Zerodha offers Best trading Platforms in Industry
- Zerodha Offers Brokerage free Delivery Trade
- Zerodha offers Brokerage free Mutual Fund Investment
- Zerodha Offers Low Brokerage of 0.03% or Rs. 20 per executed order, whichever is lower for all other segemnt Like , Intraday , F&O , Currency & Commodity trade
- Zerodha offers NRI Trade at very competitive brokerage of 0.1% OR Rs. 200 per executed order for equity (whichever is lower) and for Rs. 100 per order for F&O trade.
- Zerodha started offering 3in1 account facility just like ICICI Direct, HDFC Securities without any additional charges in collaboration with the help of IDFC First bank.
- Zerodha also offers Investor education & learning platform called Zerodha Varasity completely open and FREE to access for his customers
13. Can I use Zerodha from US?
If you’re moving to US for a short-term period (6 months),The resident status doesn’t change to NRI. Anything over a period of 6 months, you become an NRI and should change the account.You can either convert your existing Trading & DEMAT account to an NRO trading & DEMAT account or close your resident account and open a new NRI account. Zerodha would help you to do that
14. Can NRI open zerodha account?
A Non-Resident Indian (NRI) can open a demat & trading account with Zerodha by linking his/her Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) or Non-Resident External (NRE) savings bank account. NRIs aren’t allowed to trade the currency or commodity markets in India.
15. Can we trust zerodha?
Yes, Zerodha is as trustworthy as other stock broker in India. Zerodha is the largest Stock broker in India in terms of no of active clients which proves that how many people trust zerodha and its services.Zerodha is considered safe because it is regulated by India’s top-rated regulator, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and your shareholding remain within your demat acoount in electronic form with CDSL & NSDL which are independent to stock brokers.
16. Can zerodha be used for mutual funds?
Yes, You can Invest mutual funds directly using Zerodha Trading & demat account.Zerodha provides direct mutual fund investments at absolutely free – Rs. 0 commissions & DP charges.Zerodha Coin is direct mutual fund platform that lets you buy direct mutual funds online with Zero brokerage / commission, directly from asset management companies.
17. Which is best zerodha vs upstox?
- If we go by the number of active clients then Zerodha is better than Upstox. Zerodha has 14.14 Lacs clients whereas Upstox has 6.2 Lacs active clients.
- In terms of brokerage, both provide free delivery trade.
- As far as other segments are concerned Zerodha for every executed order charges 0.03% or Rs.20/Trade whichever is lower whereas Upstox charges 0.05% or Rs.20/Trade whichever is lower.
- The major difference is with call & trade charges, Zerodha charges Rs.50 per executed order and Upstox charges Rs. 20 only.
18. Which is better zerodha or 5 paisa?
- If we go by the number of active clients then Zerodha is better than 5Paisa. Zerodha has 14.14 Lacs active clients whereas 5Paisa has 4.34 Lacs.
- In terms of brokerage, Zerodha provides free delivery trade, whereas 5Paisa charges at Rs 20 per executed order.
- For all other segments Zerodha charges 0.03% or Rs.20/Trade whichever is lower whereas 5Paisa charges Flat Rs.20/Trade whichever is lower.
- 5paisa provides multiple brokerage plans which help you to reduce your brokerage charges by paying monthly upfront fees.
- The major difference is with call & trade charges, Zerodha charges Rs.50 per executed order and 5paisa charges Rs. 100 for the same.